AIC INTERNATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF DELEGATES 2017
The AIC International Assembly of Delegates took place from 12th to 15th March 2017 in Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne (France), the place where AIC was founded. This was a particularly appropriate location for the meeting, which coincides with AIC’s 400th anniversary.
The theme of the meeting was: 400 years with Saint Vincent on a journey towards the future in our Common Home and exceptionally it brought together nearly 400 participants from the 53 AIC national associations in Africa, America, Asia and Europe.
The Pope’s message for our 400th anniversary
His Holiness Pope Francis has written a special message for AIC members on the occasion of our 400th anniversary. Discover it here!The Pope’s Message (ENG)
Hymns ASD 2017 Here are the hymns from the Eucharists of our Assembly.
We invite you to download or print them.
As usual, this international meeting was a special opportunity to train local AIC volunteers.
The objective of the training seminar was to make the AIC volunteers and the people that they support become agents of human, equal and sustainable development through a form of education which aims to value each person’s ability to act to change a situation.
The Vincentian teachings and the pathways opened up in the Encyclical Laudato Si formed the basis of our reflection: How can we restore or recreate the fundamental links between humanity, the planet and God through our local AIC actions, for the benefit of everyone and especially those living in poverty?
We worked in line with:
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for the next 15 years (SDGs 2015-2030), especially the SDGs:
- N°1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- N°4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- N°5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- N°12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
UNESCO’s medium-term strategy for 2014-2021, especially with:
- Its primary objective of equal and sustainable development
- Its strategic objectives:
- N°2: Empowering learners to be creative and responsible global citizens
- N°3: Shaping the future education agenda (Education for everyone)