AIC has an international structure so that the work of its member associations achieves the greatest impact.
An international team is responsible for leading the 55 national AIC associations and through them, supporting the work of the 100,000 local volunteers:
- Coordinating reflection and emphasising specific common directions to guide the work of all the volunteers
- Strengthening leadership abilities in the volunteers through proper training
- Helping coordination and networking among member associations, promoting exchanges of experiences and best practices between them
- Encouraging collaboration among local and/or national associations to promote global solidarity
- Helping communications between member associations
- Representing the members within various international organisations and taking part in joint actions to fight against poverty and injustice
Decentralized regional leadership also enables different kinds of work, specific to each region of the world.